Daily OTC Pearl: Swim-Ear (Isopropyl Alcohol Otic)
Swim-Ear helps to soften, loosen, and remove earwax.
OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: Swim-Ear (Isopropyl Alcohol Otic)
- Too much earwax can block the ear canal and reduce hearing.
- Mechanism of action: This medication releases oxygen and starts to foam when it comes in contact with the skin.
- The foaming helps break up and remove the earwax.
- Use under 12 years old should be recommended by a physician.
- Directions: Use the hands first. Apply this medication into the ear, usually twice daily or as directed by a physician. Do not use this medication for more than 4 days at a time.
- To make sure that the right amount of medication is given and to avoid touching the ear with the dropper, have another person administer the drops, if possible.
- To lower the risk of dizziness, hold the container in your hand for a few minutes to warm it.
- Avoid getting it in the eyes.
- Manufacturer: Sandoz