Medication Pearl of the Day: Umbralisib (Ukoniq)
Indication: Umbralisib (Ukoniq) is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory marginal zone lymphoma (MZL) who have received at least 1 prior anti-CD20-based regime and for adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma who have received at least 3 prior lines of systemic therapy.
- Dosing: Recommended dosage 800 mg orally once daily with food.
- Dosage forms:Tablets 200 mg.
- Adverse events: The most common (≥15%) adverse reactions—including laboratory abnormalities—were increased creatinine, diarrhea-colitis, fatigue, nausea, neutropenia, transaminase elevation, musculoskeletal pain, anemia, thrombocytopenia, upper respiratory tract infection, vomiting, abdominal pain, decreased appetite, and rash.
- Mechanism of action: Umbralisib inhibits multiple kinases. In biochemical and cell-based assays, umbralisib inhibited PI3Kδ and casein kinase CK1ε. PI3Kδ is expressed in normal and malignant B-cells; CK1ε has been implicated in the pathogenesis of cancer cells, including lymphoid malignancies.
- Manufacturer: TG Therapeutics
ukoniq image - Google Search