5. Mosunetuzumab Induces Complete Remissions in NHL After CAR T-Cell Therapy Relapse
A novel, off-the-shelf bispecific antibody could serve as a new treatment option for patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma who don’t respond to CAR T-cell therapy. Read more.
4. Abemaciclib in Combination with Fulvestrant May Improve Care for Patients with HR+, HER2- Advanced Breast Cancer
Abemaciclib is a potent, oral cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6 inhibitor that has previously demonstrated statistically significant improvement in PFS and ORR in combination with endocrine therapy. Read more.
3. Microbes in Rectum Could be Key in Experimental HIV Vaccines
Researchers aimed to understand whether microbes living in the rectum and vagina, sites of HIV transmission, interacted with experimental HIV vaccines similar to the HVTN 111 vaccine currently in early stage clinical trials in humans. Read more.
2. Tocilizumab Successful in Slowing Down Tuberculosis Bacillus Infection in Adult Patients
The study led to insight on the process of tuberculosis bacillus infection as well as a potential drug treatment. Read more.
1. Chronic PPI Use Linked to Declining Kidney Function in Chronic Kidney Disease
Study findings presented at the American Society of Nephrology’s Kidney Week 2019 suggest a link between chronic use of proton pump inhibitors and progression of kidney function decline in chronic kidney disease. Read more.