7 Deadly Sins: Interviews
Pharmacy Careers, Volume 0,0
- Arriving late—Set 2 alarm clocks, and allow more than enough travel time.
- Dressing informally—Have a dry-cleaned, conservative business suit ready to go.
- Poor eye contact—Concentrate on maintaining eye contact throughout the interview. Eye contact is not the same as staring.
- Asking only self-serving questions—Prepare questions that show your interest in the position or company.
- Demonstrating ignorance about the hiring company—Do some background research on the company before the interview.
- Using everyday language and speech patterns—Practice interviewing and using professional terminology where appropriate. Avoid "like," "ya know," "really," and "OK?" when they are simply fillers.
- Failing to address the question asked—Be careful to listen to the question and understand it before answering.