Top articles of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Class-action Lawsuit: Aetna Faces Punishment for HIV Privacy Breach
Approximately 12,000 customers were affected by the breach.
4. Pharmacists in Texas Provide Calm Amidst the Storm of Hurricane Harvey
Texas-based pharmacies work to ensure access to lifesaving medications for patients displaced and homeless due to the flooding caused by Hurricane Harvey.
3. FDA Greenlights Fulvestrant Monotherapy for Expanded Use in Advanced Breast Cancer
Faslodex reduced disease progression by 20% among women with HR+, HER2- advanced breast cancer.
2. Second Humira Biosimilar Approved in the United States
Cyltezo approved for the same indications as Humira, including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and Crohn’s disease.
1. FDA Approves First Gene Therapy in the United States
Tisagenlecleucel is indicated for pediatric and young adult patients with B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia.