The HOPA Annual Conference 2023 offers a wide array of opportunities to network, receive CE and BCOP credits, and attend sessions that allow oncology and hematology pharmacists to dive deeper into the current landscape of care. Pharmacists will discover innovations to improve the patient treatment paradigm, growing initiatives that increase inclusivity in clinical trials and treatment, and get up-to-date on all of the latest groundbreaking clinical trials in the space.
Stay tuned on PharmacyTimes.com for exclusive session coverage and interviews with experts, including:
- Coverage of a session providing updates on early-stage breast cancer. The speaker will discuss updated literature on many common therapeutics, evaluate treatment decision-making and individualized treatment plans, and equip oncology pharmacists with information about their growing role in treating early-stage breast cancer.
- Coverage of a session on opioid tapering in cancer survivors, which will address questions patients may have about the benefits, recent evidence-based data, and advice about creating a plan of action.
- An interview with Alison M. Palumbo, PharmD, MPH, BCOP, who will discuss her session on the use of patient-reported outcome tools to assess health and quality-of-life in cancer patients, addressing the future of these tools for optimizing patient treatment and drug evaluation by the pharmacist.
- Coverage of a session on health disparities in oncology associated with sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI). Session will provide information on social determinants of health (SDOH) for this population, the inclusive services still needed in government health care plans, and best practices for collecting and normalizing the collection of SOGI data.
- An interview with Whitney E. Lewis, PharmD, BCOP, who will discuss the results of early-stage clinical trials for neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment of non-small cell lung cancer, diving deeper into the factors of clinical trials that limit eligibility and impact the toxicity profile for patients.
Stay tuned on PharmacyTimes.com and follow Pharmacy Times on social media for exclusive, live coverage and the latest updates from HOPA 2023.