Pharmacy Times will be live in Las Vegas, Nevada, covering the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) 2022 Midyear Clinical Meeting from December 4 to 8.
With more than 20,000 pharmacy professionals and students expected to attend, the meeting will include clinical development opportunities, professional development sessions, career advancement discussions, and more.
Stay tuned for coverage of sessions and interviews with key speakers, including:
- On December 4, Pharmacy Times will be covering a session titled “(Not) All Too Well: Seeing Red in the Management of Alcohol Use Disorder (Pharmacist’s Version)” in which experts will discuss new research on alcohol use disorder and withdrawal. In addition to reviewing research gaps identified in the 2021 American Thoracic Society Research Statement on Severe Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome, attendees will hear case studies about the role of the pharmacist in alcohol use disorder.
- In an exclusive interview with Pharmacy Times, Scott Soefje, PharmD, MBA, BCOP, FCCP, FHOPA, will discuss cemiplimab-rwlc (Libtayo, Regeneron) and its use in non–small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Soefje will also review things pharmacists should know regarding common adverse effects and providing personalized care for patients with NSCLC.
- On December 5, a session titled “Biosimilars Implementation in the United States: A Five-Year Review” will cover cost trends in biosimilars that are having an impact on therapy decisions. Presenter Jorge Garcia, PharmD, MS, MHA, MBA, FACHE, will also discuss emerging trends and challenges, as well as how biosimilar strategies can provide additional value to practices.
- In an interview with Pharmacy Times, Tom Greenlee, PharmD, will review his session titled “Digital Health 101: Interventions for Maximum Pharmacist Impact Designing a Pharmacy Technician Career Ladder Focused on Advanced Roles.” Greenlee will review successful elements of a pharmacy technician career ladder, recommended education and training for technicians, and how the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the advancement of technicians.
- Pharmacy Times will also sit down with Dena Dillon, PharmD, AAHIVP, an HIV clinical pharmacy specialist at University of Iowa Health Care, to discuss her presentation titled “A Change of ART: A Review of Non-Traditional HIV Regimens.” Dillon will review optimal 2- and 3-drug treatment approaches for individuals with HIV, approaches to establish safety with 2-drug regimens, and the role of pharmacists in educating patients about HIV treatment and prevention.
Stay tuned on PharmacyTimes.com and follow Pharmacy Times on social media for exclusive, live coverage and the latest updates from the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting.