The most read FDA approval articles on The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
In 2017, the FDA issued approval to dozens of new drugs and existing treatments granted new indications. Here’s a glance at the most popular approvals on The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits in the past year.
5. FDA Approves EpiPen Competitor
Epinephrine injection pre-filled syringe may help lower costs. Read more.
4. FDA Approves 2 New Asthma Inhalers
Both RespiClick inhalers were observed to improve lung function in patients with asthma. Read more.
3. FDA Approves New Treatment for Complicated Urinary Tract Infections
Antibacterial regimen of meropenem-vaborbactam showed superior efficacy and comparable tolerability compared with piperacillin/tazobactam (Zosyn). Read more.
2. Osteoarthritis Knee Pain Drug Gets FDA Approval
Zilretta is the first non-opioid, extended-release, intra-articular injection for the treatment of osteoarthritis knee pain. Read more.
1. FDA Approves New Fluoroquinolone Antibiotic
Delafloxacin (Baxdela) indicated to treat acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections. Read more.