Sickle Cell Drug Approval Highlights AJPB Week in Review
Top news of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. Depression Could Increase Atrial Fibrillation Risk
Exactly how depression affects heart health remains unclear. Read more.
4. Ranibizumab Prefilled Syringe Approved for Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy is the leading cause of blindness among adults aged 20 to 74 years in the US. Read more.
3. Oncology Biosimilars Bring Hope to Patients with Cancer
Biosimilars for rituximab, trastuzumab, and bevacizumab are currently approved for use in the European Union. Read more.
2. Semaglutide Prompts Significant Weight Loss in Obese Patients
Participants receiving semaglutide lost significantly more weight than those receiving placebo after 1 year. Read more.
1. FDA Approves Pediatric Sickle Cell Anemia Drug
Hydroxyurea tablets previously received priority review and orphan drug designations from the FDA. Read more.