In this special edition of Public Health Matters, your host, Dr. Christina Madison, takes you on an exciting journey through the wonders of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2024. As a public health pharmacist, Dr. Madison explores the cutting-edge developments in health tech, wearable devices, and artificial intelligence showcased at CES.
Check out the video here.
3 Key Takeaways
- The podcast highlights the integration of artificial intelligence aimed to enhance daily activities, making them more seamless and efficient for those who need assistance.
- Dr. Madison emphasizes the overarching trends in wearable tech, remote patient monitoring, and assistive technologies. The integration of these innovations aims to transmit crucial health data to health care professionals, enabling optimal patient care and remote monitoring.
- Many products showcased are in their developmental stages, with anticipated releases in 2024 or early 2025.
- Highlighted Innovations:
- Vivoo: An at-home urine test kit allowing users to test for various conditions, providing color-coded results for easy interpretation.
- MyHixel: AI-assisted technology addressing male sexual health, offering an app and personal lubricant for climax control.
- Neurologic: A video-based health and wellness measurement solution enabling virtual health monitoring and data transmission to health care professionals.
- Bodylog: An award-winning wearable tech monitoring EKG and heart health, with a unique capability to record pre-and post-fall data for better emergency response.
- Assistive Technology:
- WIM Robotics: A Korean-developed exoskeleton assisting people with limited mobility, enabling walking, climbing stairs, and resistance training.
- LetinAR Wearable Glasses: A revolutionary device offering augmented reality capabilities, particularly in medical imaging. Dr. Madison shares her experience of viewing EKGs, chest X-rays, and CT scans through these wearable glasses.
- Health and Hygiene Innovations:
- Germ Pass: A company specializing in rapid germ-killing solutions, particularly targeting the virus causing COVID
- HyperVSN: Known for 3D holograms, adding a futuristic touch to personal and business presentations.
- Automotive Innovations: Dr. Madison explores the safety features and AI integration in the automotive sector, highlighting Mercedes Benz's internal assistant and Hyundai's flying car.
Listen on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.