Top articles of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. Polygenetic Test Predicts Early Heart Disease Risk
An investigational test demonstrated superiority in detecting familial hypercholesterolemia compared with traditional methods. Read more.
4. Diabetes Drug Reverses Alzheimer's Disease in Mice
Mice treated with a repurposed diabetes medication performed better on learning and memory tests. Read more.
3. Plastic Surgery May Hold the Key to Reducing Migraine Pain
Migraine pain may be caused by nerves trapped between muscles, bones, and fascia, which could be reduced by forehead restoration surgery. Read more.
2. Medicaid Expansion Increased Access to Prenatal Care
Expanded Medicaid reduced the number of uninsured pregnant mothers by 8%. Read more.
1. FDA Revises Opioid Labeling to Restrict Pediatric Use
Cough and cold medicines containing codeine and hydrocodone are no longer indicated for use in pediatric patients. Read more.