Novel Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. FDA Approves Antibiotic for Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections
Eravacycline is a tetracycline-class antibacterial injection that has demonstrated potent activity against multidrug-resistant pathogens. Read more.
4. Study: Daily Aspirin Did Not Reduce Risk of First Heart Attack, Stroke
Daily aspirin did not reduce the occurrence of major cardiovascular events a study of more than 12,500 participants considered to be at risk. Read more.
3. Combo Treatment Effectively Cures Hepatitis C in Liver Transplant Recipients
Study shows the safety and efficacy of treatment with sofosbuvir and velpatasvir in adults with recurrent chronic genotypes 1-4 HCV infection after liver transplant. Read more.
2. CMS to Implement Indication-Based Formulary Design for Medicare Part D Plans
Medicare Part D plans will be given flexibility to tailor on-formulary drug coverage based on specific indications. Read more.
1. Novel Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapy Effective in Phase 3 Study
New drug could serve as a potential treatment option for patients who have shown an inadequate response to conventional disease-modifying drugs. Read more.