Top articles of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. Migraines May Be Key Risk Factor for Cardiovascular Diseases
In addition to myocardial infarction and stroke, migraines may also be linked to an increased risk for venous thromboembolism and atrial fibrillation. Read more.
4. Threat of Drug-Resistant E. Coli Increases with Pediatric Antibiotic Prescriptions
Antibiotics may become ineffective treating E. Coli if antibiotic resistance continues to increase among children. Read more.
3. Experimental Drug Fails in Alzheimer's Disease Trial
An investigational PDE9A inhibitor did not show efficacy in patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Read more.
2. Influenza Vaccine More Effective Than Previously Projected
The 2017/2018 influenza vaccine was more effective in the United States than Canada and Australia. Read more.
1. UV Light Could Fight the Spread of Influenza
Ultraviolet C light could be safely harnessed to kill influenza microbes. Read more.