Top articles of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. CDC Data: Adult, Youth Obesity Rates Through the Roof
The American Heart Association calls for increased efforts to reduce obesity rates. Read more.
4. Generic Drug Approvals Continue to Surge
The FDA approved 763 generic drugs in the 2017 fiscal year, which is the highest annual rate since the administration began recording the data. Read more.
3. Study: Hospitals Mark-Up Drugs Significantly
Drugs administered in an outpatient setting may be marked-up more than 500%. Read more.
2. Medicare Places Few Restrictions on Opioid Prescriptions
One-third of Medicare opioid prescriptions were not subject to restrictions. Read more.
1. Anthem Establishes New Pharmacy Benefits Manager
One of the largest health insurers is launching a new pharmacy benefit manager. Read more.