Top articles of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. Aging Weakens Immune Response to Influenza
Older patients may have cellular damage that reduces the body’s response to the flu virus. Read more.
4. Pregnant Mothers Who Use Acetaminophen May Have Children With ADHD
Acetaminophen use for 29 days or more during pregnancy linked to a significant risk of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Read more.
3. FDA Approves Treatment for Low Blood Pressure from Septic Shock
Angiotensin II injection approved for intravenous infusion to treat dangerously low blood pressure in adults with septic or other distributive shock. Read more.
2. Need to Evaluate Pain Management in Elderly Population Grows
Challenges perist in the use of opioids, anti-inflammatories, and agents to treat pain in the elderly. Read more.
1. Metformin Side Effects Result in Nonadherence for Diabetes Patients
More than one-third of metformin doses are not taken by patients with type 2 diabetes. Read more.