Opioid Use Disorder Drug Approval Highlights AJPB Week in Review
Top articles of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. Study: Connected Pharmacy, Medical Benefits Improves Patient Proactivity in Healthcare
Integrated pharmacy and medical benefits may increase patient engagement in health coaching. Read more.
4. Diabetes Cure in Reach with Low-Calorie Diet
Reducing calorie intake may reverse type 2 diabetes. Read more.
3. Majority of Uninsured Patients Experienced Catastrophic Costs for Heart Attack Pre-ACA
Eighty-five percent of patients treated for heart attacks exceeded catastrophic costs before the passage of the Affordable Care Act. Read more.
2. FDA Warning: Vitamin B May Lead to Incorrect Lab Tests
Biotin interference in lab tests has resulted in at least 1 patient death. Read more.
1. Novel Opioid Use Disorder Drug Gains FDA Approval
The FDA approves the first monthly injectable buprenorphine for opioid use disoder. Read more.