Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Abrocitinib Shows Positive Efficacy, Safety Results in Phase 3 Atopic Dermatitis Study
Abrocitinib showed improvements in skin clearance and itch relief in patients aged 12 years and older with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis. Read more.
4. ISOPP Releases Global Position Statement on Oncology Biosimilar Use
The International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practitioners global position on oncology biosimilar use covers regulation and evaluation, implementation, education, and monitoring. Read more.
3. Blocking Inflammatory Pathway May Stop Brain Metastasis from Melanoma
Study suggests that blocking a signaling pathway that includes the inflammatory factor CXCL10-CXCR3 may prevent brain metastasis. Read more.
2. Specialty Drugs Top List of Costliest Drug Price Hikes in New ICER Report
A report by the Institute for Clinical and Economic Review lists the top drugs with the greatest price increases not supported by new clinical evidence. Read more.
1. FDA Green Lights Generic Drug for Certain Patients with Prostate Cancer
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has received FDA approval for abiraterone acetate tablets USP, 250 mg, a generic of Janssen's Zytiga tablets, 250 mg.