FDA Approval, Regulation Process Review Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Cancer-Causing Gene Has Potential to Create New Blood Cells for Patients with Leukemia
Research may help to develop usable hematopoietic stem cells that could regrow a patient with leukemia’s blood system after chemotherapy and irradiation. Read more.
4. Two-Drug Combination Halts Growth of Cancer Cells with HER2 Mutations
A combination therapy may counter the resistance to human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 inhibitor neratinib in patients with breast, ovarian, lung, or other cancers. Read more.
3. Experts Say Truvada Should Remain First Choice in Pre-exposure Prophylaxis for Most Patients with Risk of HIV
Robust data show the efficacy of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate with emtricitabine for pre-exposure prophylaxis in all priority populations with a risk for HIV. Read more.
2. Low Income, Education Areas Lead to Higher Mortality Risk in Young Adult Patients with Colorectal Cancer
The study was the first to explore sociodemographic disparities in young adult patients with colorectal cancer. Read more.
1. FDA Approval, Regulation Process Accepts Less Data, Shortens Review Times
Report demonstrates an increase in generic and new drug approvals, Orphan Drug designations, and an increase in the use of expediated approval programs. Read more.