FDA Approval of Opioid Withdrawal Device Highlights AJPB Week in Review
Top articles of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. Sugary Drinks Increase the Risk of Diabetes, Metabolic Conditions
Drinking as few as 2 sugary drinks per week could increase the risk of type 2 diabetes. Read more.
4. Jardiance Reduces Mortality Risk for Patients with Diabetes
Empagliflozin (Jardiance) reduced the risk of cardiovascular mortality by 43% in patients with type 2 diabetes and peripheral artery disease. Read more.
3. Genetic Factors Link Common Allergic Conditions
The same genes may influence asthma, hay fever, and eczema risk. Read more.
2. Diabetes Driven by Inflammation
Numerous immune cells may be involved with type 2 diabetes, according to a session presented at the at the American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting. Read more.
1. FDA Authorizes Device for Opioid Withdrawal Treatment
The NSS-2 Bridge device reduced opioid withdrawal symptoms more than 31% within 30 minutes of treatment. Read more.