New PharmacyTimes.com Goes Live
Pharmacy Times launched a new site that's both an educational resource and meeting place for busy pharmacists.
Pharmacy Times launches a new online presence that’s an educational resource and a meeting place for busy pharmacists.
Keeping pace with developments in health care and the pharmacy industry is an ongoing challenge for today’s time-strapped pharmacists. A typical high-volume day at the pharmacy leaves little to no time for browsing the Web to connect with peers or read about the latest medication therapy management tools, new drugs, or disease state management techniques.
To meet the needs of busy pharmacy professionals, Pharmacy Times launched a new comprehensive Web site, www.PharmacyTimes.com, where pharmacists can find trusted, daily content from pharmacy’s favorite journal and interact with others who share their interests in the current state and future direction of the pharmacy profession.
“We know every second of a pharmacist’s time is precious, so we made our re-launched Web site a one-stop shop for continuing education, authoritative clinical articles, news and perspectives, as well as social networking opportunities,” said Pharmacy Times Editorial Director Bea Riemschneider.
“The pharmacist’s role is expanding,” she added, “and we’re committed to delivering timely, relevant clinical information for these critical members of the health care team.”
On the new www.PharmacyTimes.com, pharmacists can:
- Earn free continuing education credits through Pharmacy Times’ comprehensive catalog of professional development activities.
- Browse articles from current and archived issues of Pharmacy Times—as well as Pharmacy Careers, Specialty Pharmacy Times, OTC Guide, and generics supplements—in a user-friendly format.
- Share perspectives and feedback with Pharmacy Times authors and discuss hot topics with other pharmacists through comments included on every article.
- Access the latest news on Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies, Medication Therapy Management, Migraine, Type 2 Diabetes, and other key pharmacy issues through the Web site’s newly upgraded Condition Resource Centers.
- View multimedia content from around the Web that is hand-selected by Pharmacy Times editors to provide useful, practical, and clinically-focused updates for the pharmacist.
- Browse job opportunities, access career resources and job-seeking advice, and learn about featured openings in the Career Corner section.
In developing its online presence, Pharmacy Times sought a better experience for users than the average pharmacy industry news site. “The final product is a testament to this goal,” said Pharmacy Times President Tighe Blazier. “It's also an ideal platform for expanding our digital offerings, and we plan to add more multimedia content and new sections in the future,” he added.
“As the most accessible health care providers, pharmacists are expected to be a well of knowledge for their patients,” said Mike Hennessy, President, Chairman, and CEO of Intellisphere and the publisher of Pharmacy Times. “The Pharmacy Times suite of Web, mobile, and print offerings is designed to supply that well with authoritative information to improve pharmacy care.”
For other articles in this issue, see:
- FDA Warns Against Repackaging Anticoagulant
- Quick Treatment Critical for Kids With Pneumonia
- Drug Shortages Hurt Hospitals, Undermine Care