Daily OTC Pearl: Coricidin
Coricidin is a decongestant-free treatment indicated for relief of the symptoms of a cold in patients with high blood pressure.
OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: Coricidin
Indication: Coricidin is a decongestant-free treatment indicated for relief of fever, runny nose, sneezing, body ache, headache, and sore throat in patients with high blood pressure.
- Active ingredients: Acetaminophen 325 mg for pain reliever/fever reducer, chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg as an antihistamine.
- Warning: Liver toxicity—this product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take more than 4000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours.
- Directions: Do not take more than the recommended dose. Take 2 tablets with water every 4-6 hours. Do not exceed 10 tablets in 24 hours or as directed by a physician.
- Children under 12 years of age should not use.
- Storage: Store between 20º to 25ºC (68º to 77ºF)