Cancer, Hepatitis Drug Approvals Highlight SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Direct-Acting Antivirals Slash the Risk of HCV-Associated Liver Cancer
Patients without cirrhosis who achieved a sustained virological response had the lowest risk of hepatocellular carcinoma linked to hepatitis C virus. Read more.
4. FDA Approves First Treatment for Rare Blood Cancer
Vemurafenib (Zelboraf) receives priority review for Erdheim-Chester Disease. Read more.
3. Alectinib Approved as First-Line Lung Cancer Therapy
Alectinib (Alecensa) found to reduce the risk of disease progression in patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer. Read more.
2. FDA Approves Adcentris for Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
Brentuximab vedotin (Adcentris) improves survival among patients with anaplastic large cell lymphoma or CD30-expressing mycosis fungoides. Read more.
1. FDA Approves New Hepatitis Therapy
Heplisav-B is the only 2-dose hepatitis B vaccine recombinant approved in the United States. Read more.