Mr. Erickson is director of professional affairs at Gallipot Inc.
A physician wrote instructions for ?Glycolic acidfacial lotion with Veegum.? Any suggestions?
Click Here For The Answer ----------->
Glycolic Acid Facial Lotion
Calculated to Make 100 mL
Glycolic acid 70% solution
Magnesium aluminum silicate (Veegum)
5% colloidal dispersion
Ammonium hydroxide 28% solution qs to adjust pH
Purified water USP qs ad
- Prepare the magnesium aluminum silicate 5% colloidalsuspension by dispersing 5 g of magnesium aluminum silicatein a small amount of water and stirring vigorously to obtain asmooth paste, then bringing to volume with purified waterwith stirring. When the dispersion is homogeneous, allow it tostand: it will form a smooth, creamy, thixotropic mixture.
- Dissolve the methylparaben and propylparaben in 94 mLof purified water. If necessary, heat to 70? to 75? C to facilitatedissolution.
- Allow mixture in (2) to cool.
- Add the glycolic acid to the mixture in (3). Add ammoniumhydroxide 28% solution dropwise with stirring to obtainpH 4 to 4.5.
- Add the magnesium aluminum silicate 5% colloidal dispersionto (4) with stirring to homogeneity.
- Rinse the graduated cylinder used to measure the magnesiumaluminum silicate colloidal dispersion with aliquots ofthe mixture in (5) into the bulk of the preparation.
- Bring the volume of mixture in (6) to volume with purifiedwater, and stir to homogeneity.
Notes: No claims are made as to the uses, safety, efficacy,or bioavailability of this product. The formula is for informationalpurposes only.