PTCE to Present Live, Virtual Specialty Pharmacy CE Broadcasts in Conjunction with Asembia
PTCE will offer 15 virtual CE sessions throughout May.
PTCE, a leader in continuing education for retail, health-system, oncology, managed care, and specialty pharmacists, in conjunction with Asembia, is conducting 15 live, virtual CE-accredited sessions that are taking place May 2-27, 2020. This virtual CE programming is provided as a part of Asembia’s 2020 Specialty Pharmacy Summit Virtual Experience.
The live event, which was scheduled to take place May 4-7, in Las Vegas, Nevada, was canceled due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
“We are so grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with Asembia to help transition their 2020 Specialty Pharmacy Summit into virtual broadcasts,” said Jim Palatine, RPh, MBA, president of PTCE, in a prepared statement. “It is more important than ever that we find innovative ways to provide our front-line health care workers with the CE they need. Throughout the month of May, participants can learn and interact with faculty while earning live CE credits from the comfort of their own homes.”
The topics of PTCE’s sessions include the following:
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Advancements to Optimize Treatment
- Hemophilia A: Navigating the Therapeutic Landscape
- Primary Immunodeficiency Disorder: Considerations in the Use of Intravenous and Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: The Dynamic Landscape of CLL and Its Effect on Specialty Pharmacy Practice
- Psoriatic Arthritis: A Review of Psoriatic Arthritis Therapies for Specialty Pharmacists and Payers
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Panel Discussion on Clinical and Operational Strategies for Biologic Usage
- Diabetic Retinopathy and Macular Edema: Treatment and Management Updates
- BTK Inhibitors for B-Cell Malignancies: Clinical Updates for Specialty Pharmacists
- Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Examining Clinical and Economic Data
- Hereditary Angioedema: Outlining the Differences Between Current and Emerging Therapies
- Updates in Myelofibrosis: The Significance of JAK Inhibitors in Therapy
- Comprehensive Cystic Fibrosis Management: A Review for Specialty Pharmacists
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome and Myelodysplastic-Associated Anemia: Exploring Clinical Treatment Updates
- Influenza Treatment: Exploring the Clinical and Economic Benefits of Antivirals
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy: Assessing the Application of Intravenous and Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin, Featuring a Patient Perspective
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, each CE broadcast is approved for 1.5 contact hours.
The virtual CE broadcasts are funded by educational grants from Actelion Pharmaceuticals US, Inc; AstraZeneca; BeiGene, Ltd; Celgene Corporation; CSL Behring; Genentech; Grifols; Janssen Therapeutics, Division of Janssen Products, LP; Shire; Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.; and Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated.
For more information and to register for each session, visit PharmacyTimes.org.
PTCE to Present Live, Virtual Specialty Pharmacy CE Broadcasts in Conjunction with Asembia [news release]. Cranbury, NJ; May 6, 2020: MJH Life Sciences. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200506005853/en/PTCE-Present-Live-Virtual-Specialty-Pharmacy-CE. Accessed May 6, 2020.