Pharmacy Times Grows Strategic Alliance Program With New Industry Partners
Plainsboro, N.J. — July 3, 2013 – The pharmacy industry’s No. 1 journal, Pharmacy Times, and its sister publication, Specialty Pharmacy Times, continue to add new industry-leading companies and organizations to their Strategic Alliance Partnership (SAP) programs.
The Strategic Alliance Partnership programs facilitate collaboration and the exchange of knowledge among partners and ultimately increase their visibility within the pharmacy industry. Pharmacy Times has more than 60 established partnerships; Specialty Pharmacy Times has nearly 30.
Pharmacy Times’ newest SAP members are:
- Roundy’s Inc. (NYSE: RNDY) 5 grocery banners with 161 stores and 100 pharmacies across 3 states:
- Copps has 25 conventional grocery stores located in the Madison, WI area as well as in certain northern Wisconsin markets, including Green Bay and Appleton.
- Mariano’s, based in the Chicagoland area, opened their first location in July 2010 and now has 11 stores offering an enhanced selection of premium perishable and prepared foods as well as a wide array of organic and natural offerings.
- Metro Market introduced the urban shopping concept to downtown Milwaukee in 2004. Since then, the company introduced two additional locations in the city’s suburbs.
- Pick ‘n Save first opened in 1975 and has 93 locations that serve communities across Wisconsin.
- Rainbow Foods has 29 grocery stores located in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
- Hi-School Pharmacy, which opened its first location in 1925, includes more than 20 pharmacy locations across Washington and Oregon. Hi-School Pharmacy is an independently owned and operated company.
- Save Mart Supermarkets, founded in 1952 in Modesto, CA, is a full service grocery store chain that is family owned and operated. With more than 200 store locations, the company prides itself on delivering a “real neighborhood” experience for its customers.
Specialty Pharmacy Times’ newest SAP member is:
- The International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists (IACP), an association representing more than 2,700 pharmacists, technicians, students, and members of the compounding community, focuses on the specialty practice of pharmacy compounding. IACP’s mission is to protect, promote and advance the art and science of pharmacy compounding.
About Pharmacy Times
Pharmacy Times is the industry’s leading publication, providing practical, clinical information pharmacists can use in their everyday practices when counseling patients and interacting with physicians. Each issue contains articles and features covering medication errors, drug interactions, patient education, pharmacy technology, disease state management, patient counseling, product news, pharmacy law, and specialty pharmacy. The Pharmacy Times Office of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Learn more at www.PharmacyTimes.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-716-7777 and on Facebook at Facebook.com/PharmacyTimes and on Twitter @Pharmacy_Times. Pharmacy Times is published by Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc., a leading provider of health care publishing, research, information, and education.
About Specialty Pharmacy Times
Specialty Pharmacy Times is a leading industry journal serving the business and practice of specialty pharmaceuticals and therapy. The journal focuses on key areas surrounding specialty pharmaceuticals and the enhanced practice needs of pharmacists in this arena. The journal is available at www.SpecialtyPharmacyTimes.com.
For Pharmacy Times