Pharmacy Times Continues to Expand Alliance Program With 9 More Industry Leaders
Plainsboro, N.J. — April 11, 2013 – The pharmacy industry’s No. 1 journal, Pharmacy Times, and its sister publication, Specialty Pharmacy Times, have added nine more pharmacy companies to their Strategic Alliance Partnership programs.
The Strategic Alliance Partnership programs facilitate collaboration and the exchange of knowledge between the partners and ultimately increases their visibility within the pharmacy industry. Pharmacy Times has more than 50 partners; Specialty Pharmacy Times has more than two dozen partners.
Pharmacy Times’ newest SAP members are:
- Discount Drug Mart, an Ohio-based drug store chain that opened in 1969 and now has more than 70 stores offering low prices, customer service, and broad-based product lines.
- Giant Eagle, a supermarket chain with nearly 400 locations in Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. Giant Eagle is one of the 40 largest privately-held and family-operated companies in the country.
- Hartig Drug, an Iowa-based company that has been in business for more than 100 years, with 20 locations in Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin.
- Klingensmith’s Drug Stores, a retail pharmacy chain dedicated to providing products and services not typically offered in rural western Pennsylvania.
- Kopp Drug, a family-owned and -operated chain of nine community drug stores based in Altoona, Pennsylvania.
- Marsh Pharmacy, the largest pharmacy chain based in Indiana, which also operates Main Street Market Pharmacy, with a total of 40 pharmacy locations statewide.
- Navarro Discount Pharmacy, the largest Hispanic-owned pharmacy chain in the country, with 28 pharmacies in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
Specialty Pharmacy Times’ newest SAP members are:
- Hartig Drug, an Iowa-based drug store that operates two long-term care pharmacies in addition to more than a dozen traditional pharmacies.
- Navarro Health Services, a subsidiary of Navarro Discount Pharmacy that focuses on disease therapy management for patients with chronic illnesses.
About Pharmacy Times
Pharmacy Times is the industry’s leading publication, providing practical, clinical information pharmacists can use in their everyday practices when counseling patients and interacting with physicians. Pharmacy Times is published by Intellisphere, LLC, a leading provider of health care publishing, research, information, and education. Learn more at www.PharmacyTimes.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/PharmacyTimes and on Twitter @Pharmacy_Times.
About Specialty Pharmacy Times
Specialty Pharmacy Times is a leading industry journal serving the business and practice of specialty pharmaceuticals and therapy. The journal focuses on key areas surrounding specialty pharmaceuticals and the enhanced practice needs of pharmacists in this arena. The journal is available at www.SpecialtyPharmacyTimes.com
For Pharmacy Times