Pharmacy Times and Parata Systems Reveal 2017 Next-Generation Pharmacist Finalists
Pharmacy Times and Parata Systems, founding partners of the Next-Generation Pharmacist awards, have announced this year’s 30 finalists.
CRANBURY, N.J. (June 21, 2017) ‑ Pharmacy Times® and Parata Systems, founding partners of the Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards, today announced this year’s 30 finalists. Next-Generation Pharmacist is the industry’s leading national awards program, recognizing outstanding pharmacists, technicians, student pharmacists, and industry advocates. This year more than 530 Next-Generation Pharmacist nominations were received across 10 award categories.
An independent panel of esteemed judges chaired by Pharmacy Times editor-in-chief Troy Trygstad, PharmD, PhD, MBA, evaluated all entries based on adherence to professional standards, experience as it relates to each category, and advancement of the profession. Three finalists were selected in each category, representing a true cross section of the industry, including large chain retailers, independent pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, military bases, health clinics and educational institutions.
All finalists will be featured in the July 2017 print and online issues of Pharmacy Times and on nextgenpharmacist.com. The 2017 Next-Generation Pharmacist finalists are:
- Dutrochet J. Djoko, PharmD, MEd, MSc, RPh, CVS Health
- Brian Jensen, RPh, Lakeshore Apothecare
- Wilma Wilbanks, RPh, Walgreens Pharmacy
- Josh Borer, PharmD, Rex Pharmacy
- Stephanie Smith Cooney, PharmD, Gatti Pharmacy
- Wen Wilson, RPh, Healthcite Pharmacy
- Joseph Cusimano, B.S., PharmD candidate 2018, The Ohio State University, College of Pharmacy
- Kim Nguyen, B.S., PharmD candidate 2018, Keck Graduate Institute, School of Pharmacy
- Kristy Nguyen, PharmD, MBA, Western New England University, College of Pharmacy
- Sarah L. Anderson, PharmD, BCPS, University of Colorado, Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Denver Health Medical Center
- Paul Lewis, PharmD, BCPS (AQ-ID), Johnson City Medical Center
- Tran Tran, PharmD, BCPS, Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy & Loyola University Medical Center
- Diane Ginsburg, Ph.D., M.S., RPh, FASHP, University of Texas, Austin
- Jeffrey Goad, PharmD, MPH, Chapman University School of Pharmacy
- Daniel Kus, B.S. Pharmacy, RPh, Henry Ford Health System and Pharmacy Advantage
Patient Care Provider
- Misty C. Farr, PharmD, Walmart, Inc.
- Joel C. Marrs, PharmD, FCCP, FASHP, FNLA, BCPS-AQ Cardiology, BCACP, CLS, ASH-CHC , University of Colorado, School of Pharmacy
- Tracy O’Donnell, RPh, Ahold, Inc.
- Lourdes Cross, PharmD, BCACP, CDE, Sullivan University College of Pharmacy/University of Louisville Hospital
- Cptn. Andrea Russell, PharmD, MTM, United States Air Force, Francis E. Warren Air Force Base
- Cptn. Brian Welch, PharmD, United States Air Force
- Jeanne Batson, B.S. Pharmacy, SIDP ASP certification, Ranken Jordan Pediatric Bridge Hospital
- William A. Stuart, RPh, Hartley Medical
- Mike Swarner, B.S. Pharmacy, AAHIVP, Walgreens Pharmacy
- Sarah E. Causey, CPhT, Walgreens Pharmacy
- Katie Forte, B.S, CPhT, OSU Medication Management Program
- Chasaty L. Greenlee, CPhT, Johnson City Medical Center
- Tony Guerra, PharmD, Des Moines Area Community College
- Kim Roberts, PharmD, Medication Management, LLC
- Jason Turner, PharmD, Moundsville Pharmacy
“This year’s Next-Generation Pharmacist finalists are setting new benchmarks within the pharmacy profession for clinical engagement, patient advocacy, and partnerships across the full health care spectrum,” said DJ Dougherty, CEO of Parata. “These men and women represent the top of the pharmacy field in professionalism, leadership, and passion. With them at the helm, the future of the pharmacy industry is bright. It’s an honor to highlight their contributions and celebrate their achievements.”
Trygstad added, “This year’s Next-Generation Pharmacist finalists represent the very best the pharmacy industry has to offer. This diverse group exemplifies the highest standards in the profession and demonstrates a commitment to helping patients lead healthier lives. Today we celebrate their accomplishments and look forward to their future endeavors.”
Finalists will be recognized and celebrated by pharmacy leaders at the annual gala August 19 at the San Diego Zoo. Winners for each category will be announced, and one winner will be named the 2017 Next-Generation Pharmacist. The winner of this title, the program's top honor, will be featured on the August 2017 cover of Pharmacy Times. The evening will include entertainment from award-winning mentalist and magician Craig Karges. Karges has made appearances on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Larry King Live, as well as CNN Headline News, Fox News Channel, E! Entertainment Television, and CNBC.
About Parata Systems, LLC
Parata Systems provides pharmacy technology solutions that empower pharmacists to elevate their role and help people lead healthier lives. Founded in Durham, North Carolina, in 2001, Parata is trusted by thousands of pharmacies throughout the United States and beyond. For more information, visit http://parata.com/.
About Pharmacy Times®
Pharmacy Times® is the leading media resource for pharmacists and the pharmacy industry, providing practical clinical and professional information pharmacists can use in their everyday practices when counseling patients and interacting with other health care providers. Each issue and the website contain articles and features covering industry trends, medication errors, drug interactions, patient education, disease state management, patient counseling, product news, pharmacy law and more. Additionally, Pharmacy Times Continuing Education™ is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Pharmacy Times® is part of Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc., a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media. For more information, visit pharmacytimes.com.
Next-Generation Pharmacist® is a trademark of Parata Systems, LLC.
# # #