Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. The Price of Non-Optimized Medication Therapy
Pharmacists can help optimize medication regimens to produce the best patient outcomes at the lowest cost. Read more.
4. Novel Immunotherapy Combo for Lung Cancer Shows Promise in Early Trial
The therapy is a combination of a checkpoint drug, nivolumab, and a new immune stimulation drug, ALT-803. Read more.
3. Hospital Payment Reform: Experimental Program Highlights Need for Improvement
An experimental program in Maryland aimed to reduce health care spending by shifting away from hospital-based care and toward less costly, primary, preventive, and outpatient services. Read more.
2. New Drug Targets Specific Gene Fusions in Rare Pediatric Cancers
Pediatric patients treated with larotrectinib in a clinical trial demonstrated a 93% response rate. Read more.
1. PBM Transparency, DIR Fees Top Priorities for Pharmacists on Capitol Hill
Community pharmacists urge Congress to support 3 priority bills that create transparency for pharmacy benefit managers and improve patient access. Read more.