Oncology Drug Approvals Highlight SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Top Ten Drugs Linked to Overdoses
Fentanyl, heroin, hydrocodone, and methamphetamine among the most frequently mentioned drugs connected to overdoses, according to a new report from the CDC. Read more.
4. Pharmacist Groups Urge Federal Judge to Stop CVS-Aetna Merger
Two pharmacist groups jointly filed a motion urging the federal judge to block CVS and Aetna from further integration while the potential negative effects are assessed. Read more.
3. FDA Approves New Drug for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation
Prucalopride (Motegrity, Shire) is the only serotonin-4 receptor agonist approved for adults with chronic idiopathic constipation. Read more.
2. FDA Grants Accelerated Approval to Keytruda for Merkel Cell Carcinoma
Officials with the FDA have granted accelerated approval to pembrolizumab (Keytruda, Merck) for adult and pediatric patients with recurrent locally advanced or metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma. Read more.
1. Olaparib Receives FDA Approval for BRCA-mutated Advanced Ovarian Cancer
With this approval, olaparib (Lynparza, AstraZeneca and MSD) is the first approved poly ADP ribose polymerase inhibitor for ovarian cancer. Read more.