New Data on 2-Drug HIV Regimen Top SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. New Clinical Data Further Support Efficacy of Nusinersen in Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Pre-symptomatic infants with spinal muscular atrophy treated with nusinersen showed continuous improvement in achieving motor milestones. Read more.
4. Three-Drug Combination Improves Survival for Patients with Advanced Colorectal Cancer
Data from the BEACON CRC trial show encorafenib, binimetinib, and cetuximab significantly improved overall survival in patients with BRAF-mutated metastatic colorectal cancer. Read more.
3. BRCA1 Gene Leads to Better Understanding of Breast, Ovarian Cancer Development
In addition to a natural variation in genetic makeup, approximately 1 in 1000 people inherit a damaged or mutated copy of the BRCA1 gene from a parent. Read more.
2. Remote-Controlled Drug Delivery Implant Can Improve Chronic Disease Management
A Bluetooth-enabled, nanochannel drug delivery system administers controlled doses based on patients’ therapeutic needs. Read more.
1. Dolutegravir/Lamivudine for HIV Non-Inferior to 3-Drug Regimen
Individuals with HIV maintained similar rates of viral suppression after switching from a 3-drug regimen to the 2-drug regimen of dolutegravir plus lamivudine. Read more.