New Clinical Trial Results Highlight AJPB Week in Review
Top news of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. Combination Treatment Misses Overall Survival Endpoint in Breast Cancer Trial
In the phase 3 PALOMA-3 trial, Pfizer’s palbociclib (Ibrance) narrowly missed reaching its secondary endpoint of overall survival (OS), according to a press release. Read more.
4. Review: Time from Symptom Onset to Multiple Myeloma Diagnosis Can Be Reduced
Currently, many patients experience a more than 3-month delay until their diagnosis is confirmed. Read more.
3. FDA Updates Fluoroquinolone Labeling to Strengthen Mental Health, Hypoglycemia Risks
Officials with the FDA are requiring safety label updates for fluoroquinolone antibiotics due to risks of mental health adverse effects and blood sugar disturbances, according to a press release. Read more.
2. Experimental HIV Vaccine Induces Robust Immune Response in Humans
An experimental HIV-1 vaccine regimen was well-tolerated and produced immune responses against HIV in humans and rhesus monkeys. Read more.
1. Investigational Drug for Alzheimers Disease Achieves Key Endpoints in Phase 2 Trial
Positive topline results from Study 201, a phase 2 study of BAN2401, an investigational Alzheimer Disease (AD) therapy, have been announced by Eisai Co. and Biogen. Read more.