New Approval for Relapsing Forms of MS Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Cellular Respiration Significantly Increases in Patients with Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders
Metabolic activity in the immune cells of patients with primary immunodeficiency was used as a biomarker due to cellular metabolism, which serves as a key regulator in immune cells. Read more.
4. Combo Therapy Shows High Response Rate in Unfit AML Patients With Certain Biomarker
An ongoing phase 2 study is evaluating SY-1425 plus azacitadine in newly-diagnosed unfit patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Read more.
3. AI Could Improve Treatment for Crohn Disease
A new computer method could help reveal the origins of Crohn disease and improve early diagnosis and accuracy. Read more.
2. FDA Report: Changes in Marketplace Needed to Mitigate Drug Shortages
The FDA Drug Shortages Task Force addressed the root causes of drug shortages and proposed potential solutions. Read more.
1. FDA Approves Diroximel Fumarate for Relapsing Forms of Multiple Sclerosis
Patients in a phase 3 study reported better gastrointestinal tolerability with diroximel fumarate (Vumerity) compared with dimethyl fumarate (Tecfidera) in patients with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis. Read more.