Cardinal Health Introduces Hospital Quality at Home Products
Cardinal Health has announced the launch of the Hospital Quality at Home brand, a new line of hospital-quality products available over the counter to help loved ones and caregivers transition care from the hospital to home.
Sept. 15, 2015
/ -- Cardinal Health, which provides medical products and services to many of America's most prestigious medical institutions, today announced the launch of the Hospital Quality at Home
brand, a new line of hospital-quality products available over the counter to help loved ones and caregivers transition care from the hospital to home. The product line provides a full assortment of hospital-quality products for consumers categorized as Advanced Wound Care, First Aid, Personal Care, and Home Healthcare which help provide comfort and independence, while helping to promote healing.
When leaving the hospital after childbirth, injury or surgery, the care you provide for yourself or a loved one is important. Each year, hospitals discharge 35.1 million patients1 with 65 percent of those discharged to the home setting for care.2 Effective post-hospital care is critical to avoid re-admission as one in five patients are readmitted within 30 days of discharge.2 With rising health care costs3 the Hospital Quality at Home™ line of products can provide patients, loved ones, and caregivers effective and cost-efficient ways to manage care at home.
"Whether personally affected or acting as a loved one's caregiver, the focus should remain on a fast and safe recovery," says
, vice president of Clinical Operations for Cardinal Health. "We remain committed to keeping the quality of patient care at the forefront, which is why Hospital Quality at Home™products are a natural next step for our business. We understand that providing access to the same quality products used in hospitals can positively impact many lives."
Patients and their caregivers will now have access to the following:
- Advanced Wound Care products cover a wide range of needs that aid healing, offer long-lasting protection, and help provide a moist environment, which helps promote wound healing. The Cardinal Health™ Advanced Wound Care products are ideal for local wounds, such as blisters, minor cuts and scrapes, early stage bed sores*, minor burns and minor surgical wounds.
- First Aid products are available for unexpected or expected events. The selection of Cardinal Health™ thermal products — the #1 heat/cold therapy brand in hospitals** – is designed to help provide short-term pain relief for minor injuries, bruises, strains, and post-surgery.
- Personal Care products provide advanced core protection that help to lock in moisture and control odor to keep the wearer dry and on-the-go. Products are for both men and women and include underwear, briefs, and protective pads and guards.
- Home Healthcare Solutions include products designed to improve safety, comfort and mobility, such as bath safety, toilet accessories, daily living aids, canes and crutches, walkers and wheelchairs, which also cater to bariatric patients.
Select Hospital Quality at Home™ products are available nationally via Amazon.com. Products are also available locally at select Meijer Pharmacy and Bartell Drugs locations in the Midwest and Washington.
For more information about Hospital Quality at Home™ products and availability, please visitcardinalhealth.com/products.
* Should be treated under the supervision of a health care professional.
**Based on Global Healthcare Exchange data for heat/cold therapy.