5 Key Sessions at the Society of Gynecologic Oncology Annual Conference
Pharmacy Times will be covering the upcoming Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer live in Phoenix, Arizona, taking place March 18 through 21.
Pharmacy Times will be covering the upcoming Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer live in Phoenix, Arizona, taking place March 18through 21.
The annual meeting offers a comprehensive forum for gynecologic oncology clinicians, including scientific abstracts, education sessions, and industry-supported symposia. The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology guest lecturer for the 2022 meeting is J. Nwando Olayiwola, MD, MPH, FAAFP, senior vice president and chief health equity officer at Humana, Inc. Olayiwola will discuss her work on improving health equity and health justice within the context of gynecologic cancers.
Other key sessions include equity in gynecologic oncology, and how the pandemic has changed gynecologic oncology care.
- On March 18, the first scientific plenary will discuss improving equity in gynecology oncology care. A myriad of speakers will discuss differences in racial and ethnic representation for recommended systemic therapy regimens in endometrial cancer; differences in postoperative mortality outcomes based on Medicaid expansion; and the intersectionality between neighborhood vulnerability, treatment factors, and oncologic outcomes.
- In an interview with Pharmacy Times, Marina Frimer, MD, will discuss findings from a phase 2 trial of maintenance nariparib in patients with stage III, stage IV, or platinum-sensitive recurrent uterine serous carcinoma. Frimer is an associate professor in the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell.
- In Scientific Plenary III, a panel of speakers will discuss the expanding options with novel therapeutics, including the combination of nemvaleukin alfa and pembrolizumab in platinum-resistant ovarian cancer. Researchers will also discuss emerging data with upifitamab rilsodotin in ovarian cancer as well as the relationship between high EGFL6 tumor expression and overall survival in patients with endometrial cancer.
- SGO President S. Diane Yamada, MD, will be speaking with Pharmacy Times to discuss the conference itself as well as her presidential address. Yamada is the 53rd president of SGO and has been a board member since 2012, as well as a society member since 2000.
- On March 20, Industry-Supported Symposium VI will review data for niraparib in patients with advanced ovarian cancer. Niraparib is the only once-daily, oral PARP inhibitor monotherapy approved for all first-line platinum responders with advanced ovarian cancer, regardless of biomarker status.
Stay tuned on PharmacyTimes.com for live coverage of the conference, and follow Pharmacy Times on social media for the latest updates!