2015 Next-Generation PharmacistÂ® Finalists Announced
Now in its sixth year, the Next-Generation Pharmacist awards honor pharmacists, technicians, student pharmacists and industry advocates who are defining the future of the industry.
PLAINSBORO, N.J. (June 10, 2015) — Parata Systems and Pharmacy Times are pleased to announce the finalists for the 2015 Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards. Now in its sixth year, the Next-Generation Pharmacist awards honor pharmacists, technicians, student pharmacists and industry advocates who are defining the future of the industry.
Pharmacy’s leaders will come together to recognize and celebrate the contributions of this year’s finalists at the Aug. 6 Innovation and Inspiration awards gala in Orlando at Soundstage 33, Universal Studios Florida®. At this event, all finalists will receive their awards, and the category winners and overall winner — the 2015 Next-Generation Pharmacist — will be announced. The evening will include entertainment from renowned motivational speaker, entertainer and author Giovanni Livera, who will inspire attendees with his “Anything is Possible” approach to magic, work and life.
“The Next-Generation Pharmacist program has witnessed the nation’s changing health care industry and the growing importance of pharmacists’ expanding roles,” said DJ Dougherty, CEO, Parata. “This year’s 34 finalists epitomize excellence in their industry and practice, and their leadership and commitment to constant innovation will continue to shape the future of pharmacy. We hope you’ll join us in celebrating their achievements at the awards gala in August.”
“Today’s Next-Generation Pharmacist finalists elevate the profession of pharmacist to new heights,” said Ashley Hennessy Talamo, publisher of Pharmacy Times. “These unsung heroes are at the forefront of managing patient health outcomes. They are passionate about making a difference in the lives of their patients and are committed to continual innovation.”
This year’s Next-Generation Pharmacist nominations were received across 11 award categories. An independent panel of esteemed judges, chaired by Pharmacy Times Editor-in-Chief Fred M. Eckel, RPh, MS, ScD (Hon), reviewed all entries.
At least three finalists are selected in each category, representing a true cross section of the industry, including large chain retailers, independent pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, military bases, health clinics and educational institutions.
The 2015 finalists are:
- Mayank Amin, PharmD, RPh, MBA., Walgreens, Pfizer, BAPS Charities
- Mark Decerbo, PharmD, BCPS, BCNSP, Roseman University of Health Sciences, College of Pharmacy
- George Kress, RPh, AAHIVP, Walgreens Co.
- Kevin Borg, PharmD, FIACP, FACA, Potter's House Apothecary
- John Coler, RPh, Shrivers Pharmacy/Coler LTC
- Phillip LaFoy, DPh, Blount Discount Pharmacy, Inc.
- Sgt. 1st Class Ryan Lampien, University of Incarnate Word
- Natalie Roy, PharmD, Candidate 2016, Drake University
- Jordan Wulz, PharmD, Palm Beach Atlantic University
Health-System Pharmacist (NEW Category)
- Michael Evans, B.S., RPh, Geisinger Health System
- Joseph Gibbons, PharmD, BCPS, Inova Alexandria Hospital,
- Daniel Kus, B.S., Pharm, RPh, Henry Ford Health System/Pharmacy Advantage
- Robert Borchers, RPh, Midwestern Compounding Pharmacy
- Richard Hoffmann, B.S., Pharm, PharmD, Drug Information Consulting
- William Sheridan, RPh, The Kroger Co.
- Maj. David Delgado, PharmD, MBA., M.S., US Army Health Center - Vicenza Italy
- Maj. David Jarnot, BSC, BCACP, United States Air Force
- Lt. Nathan Magare, PharmD, Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune
Patient Care Provider
- Jack Dunn, RPh, Jasper Drugs
- Janine Mansour, PharmD, CGP, Ralphs Pharmacy
- Whitney Rice, PharmD, BACP, Fry's Pharmacy/Division of Kroger
- Linda Woods, RPh, Albertsons Safeway Pharmacies
- Kelechi AguWa, PharmD, Walmart
- Paul Fleming, PharmD, Palmetto Primary Care Physicians, LLC
- Evan Schnur, PharmD, Walmart
- Sami Shafiq, PharmD, CPh, AAHIVP, Walgreens Co.
- Ron Smith, PharmD, MBA., Biologics Inc.
- Chris Williams, PharmD, Manatee County Government
- Verender Gail Brown, B.S., RPhT, CPhT, School District of Osceola County
- Damira Gajek, CPhT, Andrew Rader US Army Health Clinic
- Sherry Silvers, CPhT, Mission Hospital
- Julie Hessick, RPh, CoverMyMeds
- Greg Kitchens, PharmD, Artia Solutions LLC
- David Medvedeff, PharmD, MBA., VUCA Health
These finalists will be featured in the July 2015 issue of Pharmacy Times and on http://www.nextgenerationpharmacist.com. One winner, selected from the winners of the pharmacist categories and announced at the Aug. 6 gala, will be named the 2015 Next-Generation Pharmacist and be featured on the August 2015 cover of Pharmacy Times.
More information can be found at http://www.nextgenerationpharmacist.com and http://www.pharmacytimes.com. For regular updates, follow Next-Generation Pharmacist on Twitter and Facebook.
About Parata Systems, LLC
Parata provides technology solutions to support coordinated care, better health outcomes and lower medical costs, empowering pharmacists to grow their businesses. Founded in 2001, the Durham, N.C.-based company is a brand trusted by more than 12,000 pharmacies and a growing number of global health care professionals serving diverse patient populations. Our technology has filled more than 2.5 billion prescriptions, helping pharmacists avoid an estimated 15 million medication errors. For more information, visit www.parata.com, contact us via email@example.com or 888-PARATA1 (727-2821), or check us out on Facebook or Twitter.
About Pharmacy Times
Pharmacy Times is the industry’s leading publication, providing practical, clinical information pharmacists can use in their everyday practices when counseling patients and interacting with physicians. Each issue contains articles and features covering medication errors, drug interactions, patient education, pharmacy technology, disease state management, patient counseling, product news, pharmacy law and specialty pharmacy. The Pharmacy Times Office of Continuing Professional Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Learn more at www.PharmacyTimes.com, write to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 609-716-7777 or visit us on Facebook and on Twitter. Pharmacy Times is published by Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc., a leading provider of health care publications, research, information and education.
Next-Generation Pharmacist is a registered trademark of Parata Systems, LLC.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
For Pharmacy Times
Kirk McKay, executive editor, Pharmacy Times, 609-716-7777, ext. 143, or email@example.com;
Becky Taylor, 609-240-6886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawn Astorino, marketing manager, Parata Systems, 919-433-4357 or email@example.com