Winn-Dixie Unveils Newest Revamped Store in Florida
Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc has announced the completion of its sixth transformational store located in Port Charlotte, Florida. The state-of-the-art store offers solutions and services designed to enhance the shopping experience.
“This newly transformed store exemplifies a renewed promise to our Port Charlotte neighbors and serves as a one-stop grocery destination catering to the needs, tastes and preferences of the surrounding community,” said Randy Rambo, Winn-Dixie regional vice president. “Port Charlotte guests are in for a shopping experience that is both fun and easy and we are excited to provide the surrounding neighborhood with exceptional service that exceeds all expectations.”
This multi-million dollar renovation will provide greater convenience and an improved guest experience with a myriad of upgraded features. Past the greatly expanded produce department is an expansive new deli where experienced chefs direct preparation of the wide variety of foods and meal solutions that include made-to-order pasta and pizza, seven flavors of chicken wings, a barbecue bar and a carving station with fresh fish, prime rib and more. In addition, among other exciting changes, a wine and gourmet cheese section staffed by knowledgeable specialists, a greatly enhanced meat and seafood department and an upgraded pharmacy add to the shopping experience.
In addition, the Port Charlotte Winn-Dixie Store also features a new Wi-Fi Internet café and sitting area with complimentary coffee.
Features of the newly remodeled Port Charlotte Winn-Dixie include:
- New store décor package with a cleaner, modern, and more attractive setting including a new store front with an open-air farmer’s market leading into the store’s expanded produce department , which features a selection of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Hardwood flooring throughout the produce and deli/bakery departments
- Redesigned and relocated deli/bakery with experienced chef responsible for planning and directing a variety of freshly prepared hot food selections, including wood burning rotisserie, carving station serving freshly roasted meats, custom sandwich and sub shop, made-to-order pastas and pizza, fried chicken, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, wing bar serving seven flavors of chicken wings and a barbecue bar
- 11 different freshly made compound salads including spinach antipasti, curried couscous and green apple rocky road
- Expanded bakery department featuring a large modern and more attractive setting, including a selection of specialty desserts, pastries, and made-to-order cakes in the bakery, along with loaves of warm, freshly-baked bread
- Expanded meat and seafood department
- Expanded selection of international cheeses, staffed with an experienced cheese specialist
- Upgraded wine department with expanded selection of domestic and imported wines
- New liquor store
- Remodeled and expanded pharmacy
- Upgraded floral department, featuring an assortment of seasonal merchandise and specialty gifts
- Highly polished stained concrete floors that look like granite
- New Wi-Fi Internet café and sitting area with complimentary coffee
In addition to national name brands, guests can also find “Winn-Dixie” and “Winn-Dixie Organic & Natural” private-label products, which aim to offer national-brand quality at substantial savings. “We are committed to providing our Port Charlotte guests with the greatest value and quality possible,” Rambo added.
“This is the new Winn-Dixie,” said Jeff Poulk, store director. “With an enhanced product selection and expanded departments, our guests are excited by the new changes taking place. The neighborhood response has been overwhelmingly positive and we look forward to continuing to welcome our guests as they experience their new Port Charlotte Winn-Dixie.”
To celebrate the grand reopening, Winn-Dixie will host a series of celebrations throughout November including cooking demonstrations, food tastings, live entertainment, raffles, giveaways and more. For a schedule of events, click here.