Top news of the week from Pharmacy Times® surrounding the novel coronavirus.
5. Financial Pharmacist Discusses 3 Financial Tips During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Tim Ulbrich, PharmD, co-founder and CEO of Your Financial Pharmacist, explains how your finances may be affected by the coronavirus and how your can reinforce your financial situation. Read more.
4. NCPA Hosts Tele-Conference to Discuss Importance of Pharmacists During COVID-19 Pandemic
More than 1800 members registered for the town hall-style meeting, during which Rep. Buddy Carter (R-GA), a pharmacist and congressman, briefed attendees about emergency relief efforts. Read more.
3. Gilead Asks FDA to Rescind Orphan Drug Status for Potential COVID-19 Therapy
According to reporting by NPR, the decision may be in response to backlash from the health care community. Read more.
2. Pharmacies Step Up COVID-19 Safety Measures
Pharmacy Moms Group special task force develops guidelines as precautions are implemented amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more.
1. Emergency Use Authorizations Increase for COVID-19 Tests
The EUA designation allows the test to be used to detect SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, for the duration of the continuing pandemic. Read more.