Specialty Stakeholders Discuss Future of Industry at EPPS
ECRMâ€™s innovative event brought together leaders from across specialty pharmacy.
Innovative solutions to existing and emerging challenges highlighted the recent Specialty Pharmacy Efficient Program Planning Sessions (EPPS), presented by ECRM in Houston, TX, from February 11 to 13, 2018.
More than 500 specialty pharmacy providers and distributors joined together with leaders among pharma, biotech, and biosimilar manufacturers, as well as specialty services and technology companies to review new business opportunities for the year ahead regarding recently-approved products or drugs that are nearing approval and commercialization.
Discussions included enhanced product and patient support programs, new initiatives to improve adherence, and upcoming drug pipeline activity. Each manufacturer had their own private meeting room with dedicated, pre-scheduled meetings with the specialty pharmacy providers in attendance.
These meetings addressed how to grow incremental sales, work together to formalize plans for new product launches and promotional opportunities with new and current business partners, and project the next wave of trends to affect the industry.
ECRM seeks to bolster the business practices of their clients by presenting unique sessions supported by innovative technology solutions. By focusing on their client base, ECRM is able to rapidly zero in on developing trends and changes occurring throughout the industry.
By carefully listening to stakeholders, ECRM finds new and better difference-making solutions, while sparking innovation and efficiency in the evolving specialty environment. ECRM is focused on providing a truly exceptional client experience in jovial atmosphere and looks to pave a new path for the consumer-packaged goods industry.
Thought interaction pods gave participants the opportunity to discuss relevant industry topics in a roundtable format with fellow industry professionals sitting at the table. Table leaders were amongst the most knowledgeable in the industry, with topics that included:
- Create a NEW Class of Trade for Specialty Pharmacy—Julie Zatizabel, vice president of trade relations with Amber Specialty Pharmacy
- Biosimilars 101—Cheryl Allen, vice president of industry relations with Diplomat Pharmacy
- Specialty Management in Retail: The Patient Experience—Kent Keith, CEO, and Collin Holderfield, vice president of specialty at Infinity Care Solutions
- Coordination of Care: Alignment of the Patient, Provider and the Specialty Pharmacy—John Hafl, senior vice president, sales and training, CSI Specialty Group, and Timothy Paine, director of industry relations with Fairview Specialty Pharmacy
- Orphan and Ultra-Orphan Medications—Scott Bryant, senior director of business development with US Bioservices
Over the course of 3 days, attendees of the ECRM event were able to conduct more than 40 meetings each and, combined with robust social and networking events, dozens more. ECRM is already planning for next year, which is scheduled to for January 28 to January 30, 2019. For more information, continue to stay tuned for the location via ecrm.marketgate.com/Events/2019/01/SpecialtyPharmacyEPPS.aspx