Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. FDA Approves Ibrutinib Combo Regimen for CLL
Ibrutinub plus obinutuzumab is the first FDA-approved non-chemotherapy combination regimen for chronic lymphocytic lymphoma and small lymphocytic lymphoma. Read more.
4. Targeted Approach Shows Promise in Treating Deadly Pediatric Brain Cancer
A targeted therapeutic approach shrank tumors caused by medulloblastoma, a deadly form a pediatric brain cancer. Read more.
3. Resource-based Approach to Pre-ART CD4 Testing Can Significantly Reduce HIV-related Mortality
Better strategies are needed to adequately identify and prevent opportunistic infections and related deaths in patients with advanced HIV. Read more.
2. Driven by Surging Prices, Patient Spend on Insulin Nearly Doubles Over 5 Years
Analysis shows prices among all insulin types and products increased steadily between 2012 and 2016. Read more.
1. Senate Hearing on Drug Prices Addresses Skyrocketing Insulin Costs
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Senator Charles Grassley pledged to “get to the bottom of the insulin price problem.” Read more.