PTCE Launches COVID-19 Resource Center for Pharmacists
The online resource center will host a webinar series and provide comprehensive coverage and updates on COVID-19 through Pharmacy Times®.
To support pharmacists on the front lines during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) global pandemic, PTCE, a leader in continuing education (CE) for retail, health system, oncology, managed care and specialty pharmacists, officially launched an online resource center. “COVID-19: What Pharmacists Need to Know” offers a multi-module CE webinar curriculum program that delivers current, credible information.
“With the amount of new data about COVID-19 being released every day, the pharmacy community is relying on critical and accurate information,” said Jim Palatine, RPh, MBA, president of PTCE, in a prepared statement. “We are proud to launch our COVID-19 resource center and provide pharmacists with the most immediate updates so they can continue to deliver the highest quality of care to their patients throughout the pandemic.”
The curriculum features webinars on key issues related to the changing landscape of pharmacy practice in light of COVID-19, each with a different expert faculty presenter:
- Webinar 1: “COVID-19 Basics and Effect on Pharmacy Practice,” Rupal Mansukhani, PharmD, FAPhA, CTTS, on-demand webinar.
- Webinar 2: “Existing and Investigational Pharmacotherapy for COVID-19,” Jason C. Gallagher, PharmD, FCCP, FIDP, FIDSA, BCPS, on May 31, at 12:00 p.m. EST.
- Webinar 3: “COVID-19: Industry’s Response and Caring for Patients on the Front Line,” Mary Barna Bridgeman, PharmD, BCPS, BCGP, on June 7, at 12:00 p.m. EST.
- Webinar 4: “Psychosocial Effects and Quality of Life Impact of COVID-19,” Mona K. Patel, PharmD, FCCM, BCCCP, on June 14, at 12:00 p.m. EST.
- Webinar 5: “Update on COVID-19 Clinical Data and Impact on Reimbursement or Patient Access,” Kelly E. Pillinger, PharmD, BCPS, BCIDP, on June 28, at 12:00 p.m. EST.
Completing these CE webinars will equip pharmacists with the most up-to-date data available on virology, emerging therapies and vaccines and patient management, as well as mental health, financial and quality of life burdens of COVID-19 on patients and health care personnel. Participants who complete all activities in this series will receive a certificate of completion.
This resource center is supported by an educational grant from Pfizer Inc., and each activity is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education and is approved for 0.75 contact hour (0.075 CEU).
For more information and to register for upcoming webinars, visit PharmacyTimes.org.
PTCE Launches “COVID-19: What Pharmacists Need to Know” Resource Center [news release]. Cranbury, NJ; May 21, 2020: MJH Life Sciences. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200521005633/en/PTCE-Launches-%E2%80%9CCOVID-19-Pharmacists-Know%E2%80%9D-Resource-Center. Accessed May 21, 2020.