Promising Data in Prostate Cancer Top SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. FDA Grants Priority Review to Keytruda for First-Line Treatment of Head and Neck Cancer
The supplemental Biologics License Application was filed based on positive overall survival data from a phase 3 clinical trial for pembrolizumab in the treatment of recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Read more.
4. Study Finds Cancer Patients with HIV Can Benefit from Immunotherapy
Immunotherapy may become a viable option for patients with cancer infected with HIV. Read more.
3. FDA OKs Split-Dosing Regimen for Multiple Myeloma Treatment
The new approval allows for daratumumab (Darzalex) to be administered as a split infusion over 2 consecutive days. Read more.
2. Boomerang Effect Of Gene Therapy on Oncology Contracting
The economics of one and done gene therapies dictate a revenue model that requires outcomes-based risk. Read more.
1. Potential Metastatic Prostate Cancer Therapy Achieves Primary Trial Endpoints
If approved, apalutamide (Erleada) plus androgen deprivation therapy would offer an additional treatment option for patients with metastatic castration-sensitive prostate cancer. Read more.