Patient Perspective on Racial Disparity in CML Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. FDA OKs First Small Cell Lung Cancer Indication for Pembrolizumab
Pembrolizumab (Keytruda, Merck) is indicated for patients with metastatic small cell lung cancer with disease progression on or after platinum-based chemotherapy and at least 1 prior line of therapy. Read more.
4. Liraglutide Approved for Pediatric Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
Officials with the FDA today approved liraglutide (Victoza, Novo Nordisk) injection for treatment of pediatric patients age 10 years or older with type 2 diabetes. Read more.
3. Tildrakizumab Demonstrates Efficacy in Treating Patients with Psoriatic Arthritis
Study results demonstrate superior efficacy and comparable safety for tildrakizumab versus a placebo in patients with psoriatic arthritis. Read more.
2. HPV16 Antibodies Strongly Increase Throat Cancer Risk, Can Develop Decades Before Diagnosis
The presence of human papillomavirus type 16 antibodies marked an approximately 100-fold increase in risk of throat cancer in white individuals. Read more.
1. Patient Perspectives: Closing the Gap of Racial Disparity in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
African Americans can frequently experience barriers in seeking out lifesaving clinical trials for cancer treatments. Read more.