2020 OTC GUIDE SURVEY OFFICIAL RULES
Survey Sweepstakes Official Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AT TIME OF ENTRY AND CURRENTLY A PRACTICING PHARMACIST. Void where prohibited by law. This sweepstakes begins on November 17, 2020, at 12:01 a.m. ET and ends on March 2, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes. Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period by: (1) reading through the survey invitation e-mail; (2) clicking on the link found in the e-mail, which will take reader to an online survey; (3) completing the online survey; (4) completing the entry form with all required information which will include full name, e-mail address, title, employer, mailing address, phone number, and date of birth; (5) checking the box indicating agreement with these Official Rules; and (6) submitting the entry form pursuant to the on-screen instructions. Online entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on March 2, 2021. Alternatively, any currently practicing pharmacist may enter the Sweepstakes by printing the words “2021 OTC Guide Survey,” along with his or her full name, title, date of birth, street address, city, state, zip, and phone number on a 3" by 5" white index card. Mail the card to Pharmacy and Healthcare Communications, LLC, Attn: 2021 OTC Guide Survey, 2 Clarke Drive, Suite 100, Cranbury, NJ 08512. To be considered eligible, entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on March 2, 2021. No methods of entry other than the methods specifically described herein will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries or unsuccessful attempts to enter. Incomplete entries and/or entries not received by the deadline will not be eligible. Limit (1) one entry per person, per mailing address, per outer mailing envelope, and per e-mail address.
- Winner will be selected on or about March 15, 2021, in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by Pharmacy and Healthcare Communications, LLC, whose decisions are final. Drawing times are subject to change or cancellation with or without notice. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. For winner’s name, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to 2 Clarke Drive, Suite 100, Cranbury, NJ 08512, by September 15, 2021.
- The prizes (“Prizes”) consists of one (1) Visa Gift Card, with Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $1000.000, and (2) Visa Gift Cards, with the ARV of $500 each. Total ARV of Prizes: $2,000.00. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided such as reservation fees, taxes, insurance, cellular charges, gratuities, and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner is responsible for paying any necessary State and Federal taxes related to the winnings. Winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of Prize. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa Inc. All rights reserved. Visa does not participant in or sponsor this Sweepstakes.
- The limit is one winner for each Prize. Winners will be notified by phone, e-mail, overnight delivery, or first class mail, as Sponsor shall determine. If a Winner does not respond to Prize Notification as directed within five (5) days of the attempted notification date or if Prize or Prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such Winner will be disqualified, Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries in a similar random drawing. Upon disqualification, the Prize will be forfeited and no compensation will be given. Prize is not transferable. No cash or prize substitutions, except the sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission to use that winner's name, likeness, photo, and home town for promotional and publicity purposes in any media now known or later developed, worldwide, at no additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By participating and accepting Prize, Winner releases and agrees to hold harmless Pharmacy and Healthcare Communications, LLC, U.S. News & World Report, L.P., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, service agencies, sponsors, and any independent contractors of claims of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or the participation in this Sweepstakes or any sweepstakes-related activity.
- This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States of America, who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and currently a practicing pharmacist. Winner’s eligibility is subject to verification by Sponsor. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who since January 1, 2016, were or are employees or agents of Pharmacy and Healthcare Communications, LLC, U.S. News & World Report, L.P., or their respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, service agencies, sponsors, and any independent contractors of any kind of the above organizations, including HRA, LLC (the “Administrator”); (b) individuals engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials or the implementation of the sweepstakes; and (c) employees of the persons in the immediate family of, or persons living in the same household as, any person in any of the preceding categories.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party, or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation affected by such methods and result in the disqualification of the individual utilizing same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impair the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor or Administrator in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. If due to a printing, production, or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded, Prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated entries. In no event will more than one Prize be awarded. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes and details contained in other Sweepstakes-related materials, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- By entering, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Pharmacy and Healthcare Communications, LLC, U.S. News & World Report, L.P., and HRA, LLC, and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability for any illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof; (b) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to Prize, including, without limitation, regarding such Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (c) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Middlesex County, New Jersey. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New Jersey and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New Jersey. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental, and/or consequential damages.
- The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Pharmacy and Healthcare Communications, LLC, 2 Clarke Drive, Suite 100, Cranbury, NJ 08512. The Administrator of this Sweepstakes is HRA, LLC, 2 Clarke Drive, Suite 100, Cranbury, NJ 08512.