Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. FDA Committee Recommends Approval of Descovy for HIV PrEP Indication
An FDA committee voted 16 to 2 to recommended emitricitabine 200 mg and tenofovir alafenamide 25 mg tablets (Descovy, Gilead) for a HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis indication. Read more.
4. Study Examines Familial Risk Associated with Blood Cancers
The number of first-degree relatives affected by blood cancer and age of diagnosis may contribute to the likelihood of a family member’s risk of being diagnosed with the same disease. Read more.
3. Oncology Specialty Pharmacy Teams Help Ease Financial Burden for Patients
An analysis of a quality improvement project at an oncology specialty pharmacy showed that pharmacist interventions can reduce financial toxicity for patients. Read more.
2. FDA Grants Breakthrough Therapy Designation to Acalabrutinib for CLL
If approved, acalabrutinib (Calquence, AstraZeneca) will offer a chemotherapy-free treatment option for adults with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Read more.
1. FDA Approves First Oncology Drug Targeting Both ROS1, NTRK Gene Fusions
Officials with the FDA have granted approval to entrectinib (Rozlytrek, Genentech) for 2 different cancer indications. Read more.