New Treatment Option for Advanced Liver Cancer Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. FDA Grants Breakthrough Designation to Mantle Cell Lymphoma Treatment
Zanubrutinib (BGB-3111) is being investigated for the treatment of various B-cell malignancies, including mantle cell lymphoma. Read more.
4. House Committee Investigating Prescription Drug Pricing Practices
The committee is seeking detailed information and documents about some pharmaceutical companies' prescription drug pricing practices. Read more.
3. FDA OKs Generic Vigabatrin Tablets for Seizures
Vigabatrin, which is also sold under the brand name Sabril, is used to treat complex partial seizures in adult and pediatric patients. Read more.
2. Walmart Leaving CVS Pharmacy Networks Over Reimbursement Dispute
Officials with CVS Health have announced that Walmart has opted to leave CVS Caremark pharmacy benefit management commercial and Managed Medicaid retail pharmacy networks. Read more.
1. FDA OKs Cabozantinib for Previously-Treated Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Cabozantinib’s new indication provides an additional therapeutic option for patients with advanced liver cancer who have been previously treated with sorafenib. Read more.