Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Study Examines Mechanisms of Rare Paradoxical Response to ART in HIV
In rare cases, patients with HIV can experience a paradoxical response to antiretroviral therapy known as extreme immune decline. Read more.
4. FDA OKs Pembrolizumab Combo Therapy for Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
This is the first indication for pembrolizumab (Keytruda, Merck) in advanced renal cell carcinoma. Read more.
3. Immunotherapy Method Seeks to 'Kick and Kill' HIV
Research investigates cytomegalovirus to understand the process of targeting HIV in order to eradicate it from the body. Read more.
2. Study: Statins Prevent Cardiovascular Events for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Research investigates whether statins are safe and effective for patients with inflammatory conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis. Read more.
1. FDA Approves New Treatment for Moderate-to-Severe Plaque Psoriasis
Risankizumab-rzaa (Skyrizi, AbbVie) is indicated for adults with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis who are candidates for systemic or phototherapy. Read more.