Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. FDA Grants Fast Track Designation to Potential Chikungunya Virus Vaccine
PaxVax, an independent specialty vaccine company, is developing the prophylaxis. Read more.
4. Immunotherapy Slows Progression of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
A dual immune-checkpoint blockade efficiently controlled the development of chronic lymphocytic leukemia by restoring functional antitumor immune response. Read more.
3. How Artificial Intelligence Can Change the Pharmacy Landscape
Artificial intelligence could take over medication dispensing in the next 50 years. Read more.
2. Targeted Chemotherapy, Genetic Testing Could Change How BRCA-Mutated Breast Cancer Is Treated
Researchers found that women with advanced triple-negative breast cancer who had inherited a BRCA mutation benefited more from the chemotherapy carboplatin than standard treatment. Read more.
1. FDA Approves Combo Therapy for BRAF-Positive Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer
The combination therapy dabrafenib plus trametinib approved for the treatment of BRAF V600 mutation-positive anaplastic thyroid cancer that cannot be removed by surgery or is metastatic. Read more.