National HIV Testing Day Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. FDA Approves Combo Treatment for Advanced BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
Encorafenib (Braftovi) and binimetinib (Mektovi) is now available for patients with advanced BRAF-mutant melanoma. Read more.
4. Amazon Announces Acquisition of Online Pharmacy PillPack
The massive online retailer is entering the online pharmacy world with its acquisition of PillPack. Read more.
3. Study: Higher Body Mass Index Associated with Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Younger Women
Researchers identified a trend in which higher body mass index was associated with lower breast cancer risk in women before menopause. Read more.
2. FDA OKs First-Ever Cannabidiol Treatment for 2 Rare, Severe Forms of Epilepsy
Epidiolex is the first FDA-approved drug that contains an active ingredient derived from marijuana and is the first approved treatment for patients with Dravet syndrome. Read more.
1. National HIV Testing Day Raises Awareness, Encourages Screening
National HIV Testing Day, designated by the CDC, aims to encourage individuals to know their status. Read more.