Influenza Concerns Highlights AJPB Week in Review
Top articles of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. Gene Transfer Therapy Gets FDA Fast Track
RT-100 AC6 treats patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction. Read more.
4. Opioids Among Biggest Drug Safety Concerns of 2017
Institute for Safe Medication Practices releases annual review of the year’s biggest medication safety issues. Read more.
3. Gene Therapy Provides Hope for Patients with Hemophilia
A majority of patients with hemophilia B avoided joint bleeds after receiving gene therapy. Read more.
2. FDA Approves Short-Acting Follow-On Insulin
Ademlog (insulin lispro injection) approved to control blood glucose levels among patients with diabetes. Read more.
1. CDC Warns of Increase in Influenza Activity
Several influenza activity indicators were higher than is typically seen for this time of year. Read more.