Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Exposure to Diesel Exhaust May Increase Risk of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Men exposed to diesel exhaust at work may increase their risk of ALS by at least 20%. Read more.
4. Registration Open for the 2018 NASP Annual Meeting
The sixth annual National Association of Specialty Pharmacy meeting features numerous educational sessions and networking opportunities for specialty pharmacy stakeholders. Read more.
3. FDA Expands Abemaciclib Indication as Initial Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
The FDA previously approved abemaciclib for use in combination with fulvestrant in women with HR+/HER2- advanced breast cancer with disease progression following endocrine therapy. Read more.
2. FDA Introduces New Options for Patients in Observance of Rare Disease Day
Several new approaches may increase drug development efforts for rare diseases. Read more.
1. How Specialty Pharmacies Support 30 Million Americans on Rare Disease Day and Beyond
Specialty pharmacies must focus on the fundamentals of compassion and effective communication to offer the patient-centric support needed for patients with a rare disease. Read more.